Home School Information
All Skills Center programs are available for home school student enrollment, see: "How Do I Enroll in the Skills Center?" below.
Learn more about the Skills Center options available to Home School and Private School students. Tours of Skills Center program classrooms and labs are available upon request. We are conducting a Home School Open House on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM or at 6:00 PM. Click here for more information.
2nd Semester, 2013:
If you are interested in attending the Skills Center second semester, please see you high school counselor or contact our registrar, Wendy Gile (360) 604-1064 for more information. Limited space and programs available.
Benefits of attending the Clark County Skills Center:
Students who attend the Skills Center are exposed to many benefits that other students may not receive, such as:
- Earning college credit!
- Obtaining industry certification!
- Participating in on-site internships!
- Gain valuable skills at no cost!
- Save money on college tuition and other training!
In addition, home school students can:
- earn required occupational education credit for graduation
- earn high school credits
- earn equivalency credits for certain academic courses
Enrollment Criteria for home-schooled students:
- Must be 15 years old, and/or have a high school junior or senior standing
Enrollment Options (during Spring registration):
Guaranteed enrollment in selected programs (contact Skills Center)
Sign up on waiting list
Enroll through "resident" high school (sending school)
A home schooled student registers at the Skills Center when they have completed the following steps:
(a.) fill out a Skills Center application
(b.) supply the Skills Center with an IEP if they are Special Education
(c.) give the Skills Center a copy of their immunization record (Washington State Department of Health Certificate of Immunization status form)
(d.) give the Skills Center a copy of their "Intent to Home School" form signed by the resident school district.
*Note: Giving the Skills Center registrar all of these forms at the same time is extremely helpful. All forms must be turned into the Skills Center Registration Office before application will be accepted.
Additional Important Information:
- Once a Home School student has graduated and/or received a high school diploma, they are no longer considered a Home School student and are no longer eligible to attend the Skills Center.
Member Districts are…
- Battle Ground
- Educational Service District #112