Summer School 2014
2014 summer school registration will begin May 1, 2014 at 7:00 AM. Registration can be completed on-line, by phone or in person through the Evergreen School District's Community Education Office.
Here is how to register:
1. On-line: www.ccskillscenter.com or www.evergreenps.org (Community Ed/Registration)
2. By phone: 360.604.4082 (Evergreen Community Education Office)
3. In person: Evergreen School District at Community Education Office, Tan Complex (13500 NE 135th Ave., Vancouver, WA 98682)
Check back here for links to the registration website. Click here for the 2014 Summer School flyer.
Cancellations of Summer School courses must be done by phone at 360.604.4082 (Evergreen Community Education Office) or in person at Evergreen School District's Community Education Office, Tan Complex (13500 NE 135th Ave., Vancouver, WA 98682).
On-line Summer School Applications will be available beginning May 1. No paper applications will be accepted. Should you not have computer access, follow number 2 or 3 above. You can also come to the Skills Center and apply on-line. We will have a computer available for this purpose. Registration is on a "first-come, first-serve" basis. Wait lists will be available when classes fill up.
Who is Eligible?
High School level students.
Below are the classes available for Summer School 2014:
- Auto Detailing
- Basic Car Maintenance
- Carpentry Basics
- Exploring Careers in Aviation (Pearson Air Museum Aero-Maintenance Center)
- Health Careers (2 at Ft. Vancouver High School, 1 on Skills Center Campus)
- Intro to Baking
- Intro to Dental Careers
- Intro to Fashion
- Intro to Linux
- Intro to Public Safety
- Microsoft Office Professional
- Teambuilding & Leadership
- Travel and Tourism
- Exploration of Science through Renewable Resources (Columbia Springs Environmental Education Center). This class runs from June 30 through August 8 and is a 1.0 credit class.
Dates and Times:
Summer School 2014 dates and times: June 30 through July 18, 8AM to 3PM daily. There will be a 30 minute lunch each day and there is no school on Friday, July 4th.
Cost: Free! There is no cost for summer school except for a possible $10 to $25 lab fee in some classes. Students will need to bring their lunch daily as there are no vending machines on campus.
Credit: Students can earn .5 high school elective credit for successful completion of a summer school class. Students missing more than 3 days will not receive credit. Some classes can receive academic credit.
Transportation: No transportation provided. Transportation is the responsibility of the student and/or parent.
Registration is on a "first-come, first-served" basis.
Questions: For more information about classes, call 604-1050 for more information. For registration questions, call 604-4082.
Purpose of the Skills Center Summer Programs:
- Short-term specialized training programs designed for students who have not had the opportunity to attend the Skills Center, because of scheduling conflicts.
- Introductory training for students entering Skills Center programs in the fall.
- Additional training and reinforcement for students presently enrolled in Skills Center programs.
The skills you learn at the Skills Center can pay off in a better job later or help you discover an area in which you excel.